AVID SPORT is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, AVID SPORT is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
If you are aged 16 or under, you must have your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give AVID SPORT information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in person or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with the Club, subscribe to our newsletter or participate in discussion boards on our website or other social media platforms. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number and gender. We may also ask for relevant health information and any special circumstances that you wish to declare. We operate in line with the principle that we only collect and hold data and personal information that we need to offer you the best service possible as a member of AVID SPORT. If we don’t need it, then we do not collect or store it.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your personal data is to be able to administer your membership and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for.
The reasons we need to process your data include:
For training and competition entry
- sharing personal data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions;
- sharing personal data with coaches to recommend upcoming events and races; and
- sharing personal data with relevant competition providers for entry into events and races.
For funding and reporting purposes
- sharing anonymised and aggregated data with funding partners as condition of grant funding e.g. Sport England;
- analysing anonymised data to monitor club trends; and
- sending an annual club survey to improve your experience as a club member
For membership and club management
- authenticating you when you register;
- notifying you of changes to the service(s);
- processing of membership forms and payments;
- sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events;
- promoting club activity; and
- publishing of race and competition results.
Marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided)
- sending information about promotions and offers from sponsors;
- sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fundraising.
Any special category health data we hold on you is only processed for the purpose(s) of fitness/ health checks and passing health data to coaches to allow the safe running of training sessions. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we will also need your explicit consent to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it. This is usually at the point of registration with AVID SPORT or when you offer any updates on health data that you have provided. We also ensure that your consent is reviewed annually.
On occasion we may collect personal data from non-members ie if a non-member participant fills in a health disclaimer or form at a taster session. This information will be stored for no more than 2 weeks after an event and then destroyed securely. Our lawful basis for processing data is consent. Therefore, we will also need explicit consent from non-members to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of
The club has the following social media pages:
Members are free to join these pages in line with their roles and responsibilities within the Club. If you join one of the Social Media pages, please note that the provider of those social media platforms have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with
When you become a member of AVID SPORT you can also choose to be registered as a member of British Cycling. If you would like to register as a member of British Cycling Limited, then please visit their website (www.britishcycling.co.uk).
The Club’s data processing may require your personal data to be transferred outside of the UK for the purpose of cloud hosting. Where the Club does transfer your personal data overseas it is with the appropriate safeguards in place to ensure the security of that personal data.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you are a member with us. Member data is updated every year on annual membership forms. Any personal data we hold on you will be securely destroyed after three years of inactivity on that member’s account, in line with British Cycling retention policy. Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Personal data linked to the processing of insurance claims, subject access requests, disputes, safeguarding investigations, disciplinary or police matters will only be kept for as long as it necessary for those purpose, as each is applicable.
Any data relating to the obligations of British Cycling to maintain a comprehensive, published index of results as a National Governing Body for sport will be retained. This would not include more than name, age category and gender alongside details of the event in which an individual took part.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you have the right at any time to:
- Request access to your data;
- Rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- Restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing;
- Portability of your personal data and to;
- Complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, about the processing of your personal data. www.ico.org.uk
As a data subject, you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club. If you choose not to share your personal data with AVID SPORT, we may not be able to register or administer your membership.
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by date-stamped communication.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal data or exercise any of the rights described above please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org